Through the Doorway to Healthy Living collects, stores and processes personal data for a variety of reasons. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purposes people are providing it for. The three main reasons are:
- To provide safe and person-centred activities and services
- To fulfil monitoring and reporting obligations to the organisations which provide and manage our funding either as grants or through contracts
- To review and improve our services
These are legitimate interests, which we explain when we collect the data.
We never send people unsolicited junk mail or communications, or share data with anyone else who might. We never sell information to third parties.
Data will be retained as long as the person is participating in activities or services provided by Through the Doorway to Healthy Living, or for the period of time necessary to fulfil the monitoring and evaluation requirements of each funding organisation, whichever is the longer. Some funders may require us to retain the data for up to 7 years after the contract they have with us ends.
We take data security very seriously and take measures to ensure that, as far as is reasonably possible, all data is accurate and is treated with confidentiality. All data is stored securely and is destroyed in a secure manner. Paper records are destroyed by shredding and/or incineration.
People have a number of rights in relation to their personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask for personal information so that we can identify the person concerned.
People have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information we hold on them
- Correct and update the information we hold on them
- Object to our use of their information (providing we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue using that information)
- Erase or restrict the information we hold on them (providing we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue using that information)
However, it should be noted that where people exercise either of the last two rights, in the vast majority of cases Through the Doorway to Healthy Living could no longer provide a service to those people. This is because the majority of data we process is necessary for us to provide a service which is safe.
People can exercise the above rights by contacting Through the Doorway to Healthy Living at:
12 Stevenstone Court
Telephone/text: 07528 700492
If people are unhappy with the way we deal with their enquiry, they have the right to complain to the data protection regulator. In the UK this is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113